Google Maps or Mapquest for HK?

Closed Thread

Google Maps or Mapquest for HK?

Does anyone know if there is a HK equivalent of MapQuest or Google Maps? That'd be most useful.

Do any of those HK map sites have "plug ins" that let websites link to them and open up a specific spot on the map?

For example, Google will let you link to the white house at THIS PAGE..

Kai -- unfortunately not.

Ypmap has a function where you can email a link .. and then use that for a week or so to point to a location.

What about a map (application) that is accessible by mobile phone?
    Ypmap has a Windows CE/PoocketPC app, but I would prefer something browser-based/OS agnostic.
    Anybody know of anything?

Thanks KIA

HKG4Life : Take a look at this http://www2.mapking.com/en/EnglishInstallation.htm

Not browser .. but might be a good alternative.

KIA: Thanks, interesting.
    But unfortunately not suitable for me: I am using a Symbian UIQ smartphone. Didn't think there would be a dedicated application (but would be delighted if there were!), so that's why I asked for a browser-based solution...
    Can anybody confimr whether their operator WAP/mobile internet offering has something along these lines? In Singapore (way back in the days of dial-up WP, before GPRS etc.) I used to get this from SingTel. In Hong Kong, 3 does not seem to have it and I don't recall Smartone, who I was with before, having had it either...