Netvigator DareGlobal DB180E Modem Port Forwarding

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Netvigator DareGlobal DB180E Modem Port Forwarding

Des anyone know what is the passsword for this ADSL modem? I need to run some services on my PowerBook and I can not see my machine on the internet since it seems that ports are being forwarded to my PowerBook. Forexampel I want to SSH into my PowerBook but there is no way I can tell the modem that forward port 22 to PowerBook.

How can I solve this problme. I am sure lots of people are using this modem and are also using the port forwarding. How do you do it?

Please help.

Thanks.

Is no one doing the port forwarding using this modem?

I doubt that PCCW would want you hacking their modems. Wouldn't it be easier simply to change the port that your application uses to one of the many that the modem does pass?

How do I know modem is allowing what ports?

Usually a modem would not block ports.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Usually a modem would not block ports.
    I don't know if I should call it a modem or router. It has one port for the NOW STB. Plus, it has 3, 4 other ports and I plug my PowerBook into one of it, I have not checked if all other ports work or only one of them works.

If your IP address is in the netvigator IP range, it is a modem and SSH should not be blocked. If the IP address is a private range (192.x.x. type) then it might be a router.

As far as I know they've blocked http and a few other ports like SMTP etc.. not 22.

Are you sure your iBook is configured to accept inbound ssh connections via the PPOE connection?

By the way, can you do a ssh -v?

ssh -v domain.com
    OpenSSH_3.9p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7a Feb 19 2003
    debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config
    debug1: Applying options for *
    debug1: Connecting to domain.com [a.b.c.d] port 22.
    debug1: Connection established.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    If your IP address is in the netvigator IP range, it is a modem and SSH should not be blocked. If the IP address is a private range (192.x.x. type) then it might be a router.

As far as I know they've blocked http and a few other ports like SMTP etc.. not 22.

Are you sure your iBook is configured to accept inbound ssh connections via the PPOE connection?
    OK, my PowerBook does not have IP with 192.x.x.x. It has IP that begins with 219.x.x.x.

I have got SSH working now on port 22 that was not is being blocked. I successfully SFTP my PowerBook from office. So on these modems one can not set up HTTP service? I will try the VNC server (OSXvnc) on port 5900. Not sure if it is going to work.

I once attached a Windows XP with this modem and it showed LAN side IP as 192.168.1.2 and WAN side address was 2xx.x.x.x. something.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast