Laptop Battery

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Laptop Battery

Where can I get a replacement laptop battery? Actually not a replacement but an OEM for cheap. In the USA, CompUSA and Buy.com were always good sources. In HK? Mong Kok? BTW what I dont want is to pay less and end up with something (cheap Chinese fake battery) that will either explode or destroy my notebook either. It it is a replacement, it has to be good quality.

Wanchai computer centre..

Quote Originally Posted by Asian1:
    Where can I get a replacement laptop battery?
    Head to the wanchai computer centre, just near one of the MTR exits for wanchai station, on lockheart road I think.. Look for the mcdonalds, it's not far from there.

Couple of places in there that have replacement batteries.

Have been quoted between 700 - 750HKD for an IBM X31 replacement (3rd party) or 900-950 for an IBM original in the WCC. Haven't taken the plunge yet as I still get about an hour on the original battery.

deleteduser

A laptop is the last thing I'd put a 3rd party battery in... MP3 player, cell phone, no problem. But when you have a system depending on being provided with enough juice to keep data structure from cumbling to bits (err) yeah.. I would stick with an original.

Where to go depends on what brand your laptop is.

im glad i have a dell! dell batteries are available directly from dell. you could try calling the authorized dealer for your brand of laptop and they can probably get you one.

laptop battery

Actually, a replacement (from a reliable source) should be as good as the OEM one. The battery is made of cells which have " life" - duty cycles. You can repair the battery by just replacing the cells. Once the failed cells are replaced, the battery should be as good as new.

In US, I usually just get a local shop to replace the cells or just replace them myself instead of buying a new one. In HK, it usually costs about $300-500 HKD to repair the battery ( as compared to $30-50 USD in the Silicon Valley).

I got my last replacement for about $80 from Buy.com. Here I was quoted $159 US for an original. The cell replacement idea sounds good. Read and article about replacements having cheap circuitry. Where is a good cell replacement store in HK?

I am very interested in that too.

Never heard of it. Imagine how much more envoirnmentally friendly it is too.

So Wing, where do we go for the bat cell replacement?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast