PCCW 3G - Will you sign a new contract with them?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

hk.com .. my pccw 3G phone has been turned off for the last 3 or 4 months. No way they'd be able to call me on it.

Having said that, I'm not too surprised that they havent used the email addresses which were captured during the signup process... but then we're dealing with PCCW -- whose marketing employees are still in some bizzare ice age.

Returning it this week ....

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll
    hk.com .. my pccw 3G phone has been turned off for the last 3 or 4 months. No way they'd be able to call me on it.

Having said that, I'm not too surprised that they havent used the email addresses which were captured during the signup process... but then we're dealing with PCCW -- whose marketing employees are still in some bizzare ice age.

Returning it this week ....
    Well I think they should have captured everyone's credit card numbers and started billing them, regardless of what ever they said, whether hand set or no handset.

How are they meant to turn a profit?

One week after they send you the first bill then they pass your details to 3 debt collection agencies which send you nice letters written in black marker pen. "CALL RICKY!!! 810xxxxx". When you phone Ricky to try to clear the situation he then includes the F word or "Diu Lei lo Mo" in every sentence.

I think they are giving up on an oportunity. Shareholders always like to see companies breakinig the law to turn a profit.

Giving people a crap, limited service for free I think has been the final nail on 3G's coffin in HK. At least this exercise showed that they weren't colluding with "Three HK" as they took away customers from them.

>> How are they meant to turn a profit?

By not giving away handsets and free services.

Never again PCCCW Mobile!

My 6 month trial experience with PCCW convinced they are not the brand for me. They got me in with the free trial offer but the service was crap and the free handset was crap as well.

Good luck returning your phone at the end of the trial period. They have only one location on HK island in Causeway Bay in an old office building with small slow lifts. The crowd there was so big returning their phones that they make queue up all the way out into the stairwell where the garbage is stored. It was disgusting.

Any company that treats me like that can keep their free phones.

I am headed back to SmarTone-Vodafone where they have good service and treat you well.

DkinHK

But they have several other locations as well! We returned ours to PCCW in Sha Tin, took less than 5 mins and is in the Jp Morgan building. Lots of people but they are well set up for it there.

jaykay : the last post is a bit suspect .. drive by promo for Smartone by someone ..

KIA - having seen the other post as well I believe you are right!

Looks like I upset someone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2