PCCW 3G - Will you sign a new contract with them?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PCCW 3G - Will you sign a new contract with them?

Hi, I guess some of you are using PCCW 3G and got the information about their latest offer for the currently free users after 31/8 (98 for 2000 mins). Will you continue using PCCW 3G? What do you think about the network?

I am currently considering their offer but i would like to see which 3G service do provide a good network as well. Thanx.

No and no - thats the answer for both my wife and I. Good deal though it was the quality of service was useless especially on parts of MTR/KCR. Certainly a lot more patchy than 3 and others. Nice to have had a free trial of something different though!

Agree with jaykay. Good whilst it was free but when you I stop at paying for a network with so many black spots that my callers start to call me a cheap skate. Voice mail is unreliable too.

Yeah. Useless quality ... sad part is it has problems in the heart of PCCW land -- Cyberport.

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

My experience using it was a little better than most out here. Though I did have problems with connectivity, it wasn't more than what I normally go through with my regular network (CSL).

What I was really interested in watching was the on-demand streaming TV channels, regrettably they only had the option of watching only the news in Chinese.

I wouldn't mind upgrading, but I'd wait and watch to see what happens with the company. Especially since Li Jr., wants to get it off his hands....

yeah I got the pccw 3g trial and its about to expire within a week. The good thing is that they have CNN video streams updated by the hour.

The sad thing is that I haven't seen more than 3 bars of signal. spotty coverage at best.

They are offering me a retention plan of $88 for their cheapest voice package but not sure how much for data...bye pccw, thanks for the ride but i am jumping to smartone.

Tell you guys wat...I had a bad experience tho.

My house phone keep ringing few weeks ago just right after the aunnouncement of trial end. Unfortunately, i wasnt in HK for a week, therefore, my parents did answer the phone call for me, but i wonder why the CS from PCCW did tell my parents that I am using wat kind of service with PCCW and keep reminding my parents to inform me that I have to return the free phone back to PCCW....

Throughout that week, different CS guys still keep calling and did the same thing again and again. When i returned back to HK, my parents told me what did the PCCW did and i was really pissed off with their "Excellent service"

The first thing i was really upset was...why could they tell my parents that wat kind of service i am using...without my consent? isnt it a privacy issue that ever organisation shold obey?

secondly, i wonder why i never receive any phone call from PCCW, and they just keep calling my home phone. PCCW is the mobile service provider, if they wanna get any info or queries from their customer, i assumed that they should contact the customer firslty by mobile number instead of keep calling my home phne.

as the result of all these, although i had a thought that continue to subscribe the PCCW 3G service, but after all that, i do not think PCCW deserves my $ at all...

Is PCCW the best choice for 3G in HK, or should one try CSL or others?

I didnae renew neither ... returned the phone a week before the deadline. Wasn't that impressed.

I am dissapointed with PCCW that they are not hounding the 3G users more and making it virtually impossible to cancel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast