WiFi Network for Netvigator

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question WiFi Network for Netvigator

What is the easiest method of setting up a home wifi. In the UK I was on cable and used s Netgear DSL router. What do people recommend for broadband here, (easy setup please !) and where is the best place to buy kit.

Andy,

As long as your netgear router supports PPPoE you're all set to go. Linksys and Netgear work just fine on local ISPs ...

Netvigator is probably the most popular ISP here .. given that they also control access to Now Broadband TV which has exclusive arrangements for most of the popular english cable channels.

Thanks KIA

I left my old router behind. Do I need an ADSL router here as it is not cable on Now ?

The netgear and linksys routers will plug into the ethernet port of the DSL / Cable modem that the broadband provider will give you for free, so you'll be ok.

You are obliged to use their ADSL modem so that they can guarantee a reasonable service level.

Thanks again

Sorry, I need to change my location am now living in Pok Fu Lam and broadband is up and running. I bought some computer bits from Windsor House in Causeway Bay which seemed ok is this as good a place to go for a router or can anyone recommend somewhere else ? PS How do I change my location ?

Top left of screen "Update Your Profile".

Thanks Discobay

Think I have now changed it but it seems to stay the same in this thread.

You're right. What if you start a new thread?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast