Pccw!!!

Closed Thread

Pccw!!!

I just called to add a second NOW TV subscription only to be told that I have to wait till early September because there are "no lines available"!!! What the heck! I even live in brand new Bel-Air developed by PCCW!! How can they have no lines available? My buildilng is only about 25% occupied and they are already running out of lines???

Jeez .. thats bad, given that you're in the heart of PCCW land.

I'm assuming they assumed that no one would occupy bel-air for a while .... most of the flats are owned by speculators who sit around and artificially raise prices and rents.

Either that.. or "we've run out lines" is common-people-speak for some other problem.

I forgot to mention that they even forced me to take a free package...the catch is that the free period is only a month, after which I would be charged $200+ a month on things I'd never use, including some music stations and some PC antivirus software, etc (as seen from my alias, you could guess I use a Mac). I told the guy I didn't want it and he kept saying "we wish you would take our kind offer" (rough translation from Chinese). There was basically no way I could turn it away, short of canceling the service. Sigh!

I used to cover the telecom sector so I have some basic understanding of how the technology works. I think it's almost impossible that they are running out of lines, unless they were grossly incapable when building out their new network and didn't connect the last mile (or kilometer). I might even believe it if they told me they ran out of decoders! So KIA, I think you're right in that it is probably some common-people speak of some other problems!

I want to transfert my PCCW netvigator Plan

I don't knowif you ha already subscribe...
    But I can transfert you my plan :
    That is Internet 8MB With two free chanels (Star Movie and HBO)
    for 208HK/month....

And a plan for the phone line 100HK/month.

YOu can take both or not...

The main advantage, that you will not be oblige to subscribe for 18month plan... with fees if you break the contract before the end.

My contacts will be finish in six month... but the prices will be same...

Fred