Skype Out Tones

Closed Thread

Skype Out Tones

I think some here are using Skype Out. What is the work around for tones? Example most customer service lines require punching in tones but S out doesnt seem to function!

deleteduser

Click the number pad within the program. Pressing keys on your keyboard won't work.

has nothing to do with the keypad. I'm talking about DMTF tones ie for conference calls, customer service, etc. Seems to be a fault of the software. Any workarounds?

I've found Skype to be very inconsistent for tones. On some conference bridges the tones work, but on others the tones are not recognized. Haven't found the reason or a work-around for it. By the way, is it just my imagination or has Skype quality deteriorated recently? I used to be a big fan, but am having more and more problems with it.

Last edited by nina_70; 13-08-2006 at 09:51 PM.

Seems to have gone down hill recently. I'm finding that regular calls (ie to a personal line) are OK. No problems. The DMTF ones, after entering the tones multiple times to get through if lucky, are really really really bad. Very frustrating.