GoDaddy.Com Website

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GoDaddy.Com Website

Dear All

I would like to know does anyone do web-hosting with Godaddy.com
    Question:
    1. Are they reliable?
    2. Are they the cheapest in the market?

I intend to create my company website, so please advice.

Thanks.

On top of that, I am a Hong Kong resident. I heard some web hosting do not allow non-US citizen to register.

Please recommend good and cheap web hostings too.

I have a godaddy.com website and have never had a problem. Not sure if they are the cheapest but pretty cheap. Don't know about the non-US citizen rule though.

We have several domains through godaddy ... no problems of any sort. Their hosting is ok for email / small static websites... would recommend using another host for your websites.

Help from IT People

I would just like to piggyback a question on this and hope someone can help me. I just started building my own website by getting a domain name and am paying Yahoo Small Business each month to host it, problem is I can't access my website in China! I have to mask my IP address just to see it, why is this? Nothing illegal, juat a simple webpage.

i use godaddy for my hubby's business...hate it!

for work i used to use net id now...much more user friendly, and faster too.

nomad : Yahoo uses shared IP addresses, so several websites share the same IP address. Chances are you're stuck on an IP which is shared with a site or set of sites that may be considered offensive.

I always recommend getting a static IP address for websites.

Carang : I agree .. their hosting business is based on a Walmart type model .. cheap and lots of volume. They're a good registrar though (does not apply in your case) when you have hundreds of domains and need bulk changes made to them ...

godaddy is good for very cheap domains, for hosting dreamhost is incredibly popular. There are many special discount codes available for very low rates, I think "super777" might be the best, resellers can generate their own codes at different rates.

I use dreamhost too for shared webhosting and they're pretty good and great value for money - if you have small sites and don't mind sharing server space with dozens of other sites.

I use 1and1.com as my registrar. They're quite inexpensive at USD 5.99 per year for a .com domain name, but the user interface and features leaves much to be desired. It's especially painful if you have hundreds of domain names and are looking to make bulk changes to them. You literally have to go through each domain name individually - a very long and tedious process.

Like KIA said, you may perfer to go with GoDaddy.com. They're a little bit more expensive at USD 8.95 per year but it may be worth paying extra for all the time and hassle it may save you.

I've got 6 domains registered at Godaddy but I don't use they're hosting plans cause I prefer plans with Cpanel with them. From my expierence you can try Influxhost.com (great customer service), Netrillium.net or Ace-host.net for cheap hosting and resellers. Dreamhost is also good, most of my online friends purchase hosting there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast