Chinese brand television

Chinese brand television

I going to buy a 42" television for my new apartment at Grand Promenade, and I have to admit that the prices of some Chinese brand televisions are quite good. I assume that in terms of quality, they don't match up with known brands such as Samsung, Panasonic etc. But, really, what you pay 40K for a Samsung, you get the same screen for 10K for a Chinese brand. On first sight, I can't really tell much difference in screen quality, brightness, sharpness, colours..

Any experiences, recommendations and thoughts?

it's not a good time to buy a TV-set....

1. Hong Kong Digital TV system not yet confirmed, so you need to buy a extra STB for d-tv in 2007

2. not much good choice now, "full HD" is 1920*1080 but most models are 1366*768..esp for those 37 or 42 model.....even it support HD signal......it's not "pixel to pixel" playback.....

compare chinese LCD and japanese LCD, those cheap japanese model got the similar quality w/ chinese model, but for quality series, you can only consider those like Sony, Sharp, Samsung etc...

Last edited by clarence_kwan_h; 25-09-2006 at 10:11 PM.

About LCD, almost all LCd tvs uses panels from either Sharp, Samsung, or LG.
    Its the AVC thats important.
    But i have been looking at Shinco myself for quiet some time, and i do like them, the only short comming would be the warranty only one year full cover PPL (panel, parts, labour) where others offer 2-3 years.

How ever i do not quiet agree with Clarence since from what iw seen the difference between 1920i vs 720p isnt the big thing if you ask me what you wanna look at is 1.constrast ratio 2. color saturation.

I have had the previlegie of vieweing true 1080P (yes P not i) vs 720p on a 37" sony. Granted im not the expert, but i couldent tell any difference.

I think i posted something about all this before..might have to check some old HD tv posts.
    Anwyays this is just my views

Ps.
    True 1920*1080 res cost alot so frankly i think its gonna be some time before the majority of HDmovies will go 1080i/p or you can buy the same movie in diff versions where the 1080 might cost 3times more than the 720 version..but thats just me guessing.
    Ds.

On a side note, i heard that at some big electronics show a staggering 93% of all visitors thought tht Plasmas had better overall image qualltiy compared to LCD.
    Though this i cant confirm its just something i heard somewhere sometime from someone.

And im just curious.. i thought LCD was a fixed display ie its unable to render interlaced images it will just convert interlaced to progressive. I might be wrong though..a bit rusty in this area.
    But im pretty sure i have seen 1080i displays that are LCD which i think is an error.
    So please can someone confirm this.

Last edited by JohanSWE; 29-09-2006 at 11:34 PM.