Ibook repair

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ibook repair

Any recommendations where on HK island I can get an ibook fixed and for how much? I dropped it last night, and now the screen looks like a great abstract painting, with a hundred cracks in it and lots of pretty greens and blacks, too. I've found four authorized repair centers on apple's web site, but just wondering if anyone has used them for ibook repairs, and if I'm just better off buying a new macbook.

Would one of those authorised dealers be on Stanley Street opposite Tsui Wah and up from Yu Kee? I suspect that it would be horrendously expensive to repair being a) Apple, b) a notebook and c) not a current model. Sounds as if you are tempted by the MacBook and I don't blame you. If you must buy Apple then go for it. Dell are cheaper and are more configurable. Either way ask the store's policy on battery problems.

you could check out the repair centre's in 298 or wanchai comp. they do lcd repairs among other things for ibooks and other apple machines (and pc's of course). the last time i asked it was around a thousand something i think. not too sure anymore. try to visit either one and ask around.

Lammarite seems to like this guy.

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/post101134-3.html

Unfortunately he's out of town so I cant get him to reconfirm.

there is an apple authorized service center called Case in times square - 20th floor. they can give you a quote. if you need the number i can find it for you. i recently went in with a frayed charger wire that had started smoking and had a heck of a time convincing them that i didn't 'misuse' it (the thing was only 2 months old!). they've finally agreed to replace it. you shouldn't have this problem since the reason why it is broken is not in question.
    good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by TaLL|dUdE:
    you could check out the repair centre's in 298 or wanchai comp. they do lcd repairs among other things for ibooks and other apple machines (and pc's of course). the last time i asked it was around a thousand something i think. not too sure anymore. try to visit either one and ask around.
    I concur. Right across from the Apple stall. He replaced my cd rom drive and fixed a speaker in my powerbook for 1250hkd...

This has got me interested as I have a PowerBook 140 which needs fixing (why I hear you ask - I don't know but it seems a shame to throw it in the bin. Where exactly do you mean 298 or WCC?

Thanks for the responses. I've been to case 3 times before to replace my ipod that keeps breaking, but I suspect they'll be waaaaay more expensive than other people. Will definitely check out the mac shops in wan chai computer.

Quote Originally Posted by discobay:
    This has got me interested as I have a PowerBook 140 which needs fixing (why I hear you ask - I don't know but it seems a shame to throw it in the bin. Where exactly do you mean 298 or WCC?
    yeah, better have it repaired... you can still use that for simple stuff ( surfing, chatting) for the kids or something

Just checked eBay and it's worth USD10!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast