Thinkpad repair?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Just act dumb

A girl in the office spilt water all over her PowerBook which fried the MB, I opened it up and mopped up all I could then let it dry. Once dry I sent it to Apple and told them it just stopped working, not got a clue what happened. A couple of weeks later we got it back with a new MB which cost us nothing cos it was still under warranty.

IBM really does cost an arm and a leg. For "out of warranty" repairs I go to "Wings Notebook Repair Center" in the 1st floor of Sham Shui Po Golden Centre. You never know, they may have a spare MB lying around somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Satellitefinder
    I just bought a new thinkpad T42 8 months ago and like an idiot splashed some tea on it a few days ago. I took it to the thinkpad service center in Quarry Bay and their quote is 7789 HKD to fix, which is almost the price of buying a whole new computer. Do you think I would have any luck trying to get it fixed at Wanchai or Mongkok Computer Center for less money?
    For that price you can almost get 2 T40's with us.

http://www.hex.hk.com/hex.php/Product/651.html

Send us the specs of your motherboard and I will see if anyone has a spare otherwise look at those T40's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2