Help! Lacie external drive not working!

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

I believe the multiple sets of files thing is what overheated my HD in the first place! I've decided to take it easy with my USB drives, and I'll never buy one without a nice, powerful fan again. If you don't need 750, you can just sell 'em off. I wouldn't mind another 250 gb. lol.

I got my enclosure at Wanchai Computer Centre. There's a store on the first floor that's more like a counter. When you go up the escalator, make a left and go straight. The counter will be on your left after you pass the first few stores. It's a Lapara brand enclosure. I wish I'd bought another one at the time!

Last edited by jayinhongkong; 02-11-2006 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HKNewBi:
    It is a desktop. My SATA connections are all internal so no good to me for an external drive. And you are right when you say SATA is far quicker than USB.

Don't know if you have noticed, but USB really gets its knickers in a twist if you, say, copy two sets of files onto the drive at the same time.
    you can buy a SATA controller for external drives, they're not too expensive and worth the investment if you're going buy another external drive - much faster than the USB ones.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6