Any way of preterminating my mobile contract, or convincing them to?

Closed Thread

Any way of preterminating my mobile contract, or convincing them to?

I'm so pissed with CSL. The salesperson misled me by saying IDD costs HKD 0.8 per minute if I dial 1718! It doesnt! Now Im being charged HKD 4/min, and stuck with an expensive plan. I don't really need the local minutes! I paid the plan because of the IDD deal.

Is there any consumer board I can complain to? How usually does one argue on this? Of course now the salesperson is saving her ass and denying everything!

I should have listened to advices in this forum before, on not getting a contract with a restriction on termination!

Which CSL? I don't mind going down to the store and raise hell if you're near by Tsuen Wan or Tsing Yi area.

Quote Originally Posted by coolgirl:
    I'm so pissed with CSL. The salesperson misled me by saying IDD costs HKD 0.8 per minute if I dial 1718! It doesnt! Now Im being charged HKD 4/min, and stuck with an expensive plan. I don't really need the local minutes! I paid the plan because of the IDD deal.

Is there any consumer board I can complain to? How usually does one argue on this? Of course now the salesperson is saving her ass and denying everything!

I should have listened to advices in this forum before, on not getting a contract with a restriction on termination!
    Be logical. Consumer board if there is one is the only leverage. You signed a K. Your sig is on the K. So you agreed. Pretty hard to argue directly with CSL even if there was a misunderstanding. Try Peoples SIM.

coolgirl, the contract should spell out the charges. If it doesn't then it's an uphill battle to get out of it. To where are they supposedly charging $0.8/min?

Coolgirl, I am the same. Just got my 1st bill and my IDD calls totalled 1500HKD! But like everyone said I signed the contract so is my fault. The only bugbear I have is I got a N80 and when you finish a call it also starts the WAP connection. Am going to complain but am searching for a way to make cheaper IDD calls, like Skype or something