Like Tree1Likes

SmarTone vodafone - frustrating

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

if u been to places like aussie or nz or japan, u'd know what are ridiculous telco prices. calling a cell phone each minute prob cost like 3 or 4HKD...

free incomign or not, someone has to foot the bill.
    if incoming is charged, then the caller calls free. if not, the caller pays both side.

Last edited by freeier; 28-10-2006 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by freeier
    if u been to places like aussie or nz or japan, u'd know what are ridiculous telco prices. calling a cell phone each minute prob cost like 3 or 4HKD...
    Am acutely aware of call rates in some of the places that you mentioned. The price of calls in a densely populated city like HK with multiple operators can't be compared to NZ, where Vodafone has a monpoly on GSM and sometimes a cell site covers 1 subscriber and 37 sheep.

The prices here are cheap, but the practitioners are definitely dodgy. And whats with 2-3 HKD per international SMS??!!

Given similar usage, I am paying no more than half of what I was paying back in the US. And if you were to compare pay-as-you-go then the difference is even more ridiculous.

There's no hidden fees when it comes to air time here in HK, except for that $10 monthly which is universal... Now, don't we have like those emergency line fees and all kinds of other crap and taxes on our North America cell phone bills?

Quote Originally Posted by mamag
    I use Smarttone here and used its data roaming day plan, wide global coverage, reliable service. Pretty enough for baby boomers biz man
    all i have to say is, wtf?
    jimbo likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2