Cheap but good Webdesigner needed

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hi, hknoob

you might be right.. but i've tried searching on all major search engine.. its not doing bad as we speak.. its like all targeted links on keyword "nuxdesign"

What is the price range?

What is the price range for such sites?

2nd floor (although it's billed as 3rd) in Jordan walkup

i was told by my web hosting company that $7-10k wouldn't get me very far, in terms of design service. I asked them pretty much the same thing as the original poster here.
    But dude check out the CMS. Most of the stuff KIA points out at opensourcecms is free of charge, you may pay for database hosting and that's it, and they have pretty good templates practically ready to roll.
    I used b2evolution blog engine in the end, had it installed on the web company's servers for free with $50/quarter database charge. Took me a few days to figure out what the hell was going on but I now have a site I'd have happily paid $10k for the design of before I learned a bit of html and php, and it cost me only painful midnight hours at the mac.
    anyhoo. good luck with it!

Quote Originally Posted by MrMoo:
    Yeah, looks it:
    Code:
    <meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 6.0">

I hope at least they are cheap.
    What's wrong with letting FrontPage do the dumbest parts of it, then tweaking it later?

2nd floor (although it's billed as 3rd) in Jordan walkup
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeIII:
    What's wrong with letting FrontPage do the dumbest parts of it, then tweaking it later?
    because you don't even need to be dicking around with FrontPage (or in my case, GoLive) when you're using this CMS software. GoLive just gets in the way, creating very static pages, while the new web is all about dynamic content management - there are no pages, just content and templates. If you're keen and can use Photoshop you can make it look just how you want.
    It was a big leap for me, because I'd designed lots of very static html websites in the late 1990s - but I had to throw that whole web concept away to use PHP/SQL... and I don't think GoLive or other WYSIWYG editors have made that step. Maybe I was just using it wrong, but it certainly didn't gel with anything I was doing on b2evolution.

Website costs are generally measured with a piece of string.

First you need to know what you want and give your designer/developer a complete roadmap of what you want. A flowchart is a good starting point.
    From there you are basically adding options.
    The opensource/CMS guys KIA pointed you towards are often a lot cheaper but they do it generally in their own time and you have no face to face time with them.

Quote Originally Posted by taihunggao:
    because you don't even need to be dicking around with FrontPage (or in my case, GoLive) when you're using this CMS software.
    I didn't mean it like that... I just don't understand how people can see "FrontPage" and automatically assume the rest is garbage. It's sort of like how some old school UNIX geeks think VI is God's gift to humanity and anyone using PICO is a n00b.

Greatly Greatly said type3.....

And for the rest.. i don't think CMS has to do anything with web designing.. because CMS is Content Management System A.K.A Back End of a website..

I don't really understand what is to do with contents and building a website.,.

Quote Originally Posted by shiver:
    Greatly Greatly said type3.....

......CMS is Content Management System......

I don't really understand what is to do with contents.....
    Any more of your own questions you want to answer?

>> First you need to know what you want

Which is where most people fail.

If you really don't know where you want to go, you'll never get there.