Laptop advice

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I was looking at the SZ32GP too. I found 2C to be a helpful shop with no pressure from the sales staff.

Its not treating me too badly thanks, Weathers good here at the moment getting a little bit chilly at night but its bareable.

you're not going to be in London by any chance are you next week?

You might as well go for the cheaper one as $5000 for a 0.5kg saving is not really worth it.

i wish i was. aAll my friends are in London as I lived there for 15 years but alas am going to visit my parents for a week in Manchester so am only going to see the delights of Heathrow for a couple of hours.... will be over again soon thought and prob in London to get my shopping fix then!!

I was looking at the SZ32GP too. I found 2C to be a helpful shop with no pressure from the sales staff.
    DB i did chat to these guys and have to agree with you. Am gonna go back there today and have a look with Hubby. I wuould go for the cheaper option as it will do everything I need it for and lots of people i have spoken to reccomend it but i suspect hubby will convince me to get the TX37GP as he is swayed by the weight factor.....

Maybe you should come along and see if they discount for buying 2 !!!

Yep discobette and I just looked at the Sonys in Citicall at apm. She is less keen on paying an extra $5000 than your husband is. I'm on the fence. The spec is higher but we don't need that much hard disk space (where have you heard that before). The additional 512MB of ram would be useful but the weight saving doesn't put a canoe in my trousers. Let me know how you get on.

500g ? 5000hkd ? 1g for 10hkd ... 8-P
    anyway, pay attention that some of the lightest pc is of the 'light weight configuration' mechanism.. i.e. u take away the DVD writer and you reduce the weight to the lowest published weight. if u put in the full version its different. don't think its commonly done these days but still be careful of it.

bargainfor more memory. at least 700~1Gb..
    even if its not used now i suspect u'd need it when vista is out. u shld be able to get it cheaper when u bargain to buy the pc.

Last edited by freeier; 11-11-2006 at 10:56 PM.

bought theTX37GP

well we bought the TX37GP as it is soo much smaller and fits into my handbag !! - sorry but i am a girl !! am very pleased with it apart from it not playing my dodgy dvds from shenzen........ i have to work this one out..... It also does not play the uk bought DVD's..... somthing to keep me busy today...

Your dvd player should atleast prompt you that the region coding of the disk is different to the player's. You could download dvd decrypter which is free.

how do i do that ? can i just google dvd decrypter ??? is it safe for my new gorgous laptop ??

Yep, just Google for it. It is free and safe to download and use. I have used it for years.