Slingbox Question

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sirant: slingbox is the best choice if you prefer to watch program from States or canada.

Jayinhk: dont forget to tell your brother to find a reliable ISP to connect and set up the slingbox. Roadrunner really sucks in my neighborhood. Since my connection is through time warner cable, i got no choice to stick with roadrunner. from 10 pm est, connection sometimes gets cut off. However, it feels good to catch metro new york news and sports when ESPN HK here offer basically nothing but national televised broadcast in the states.

we just rented our own pvr for use with the slingbox at my dad's house. that way, we can watch whatever we want, regardless of what he is watching. I highly recommend a pvr (digital recorder) because of the time difference. My husband now records his hockey games and watches them at night here. added bonus, you can forward through commercials... although, i have to admit to watching them sometimes. as mentioned above, the HK ones are soooo bad, i have a new appreciation for the ones from home!

btw, my dad's using cogeco cable and internet. he was on the 'light' speed broadband, but upped it to the next level and the streaming quality improved drastically.
    the digital recorder cable box only costs around CAD$20 per month to rent. soooo worth it! really, go for the slingbox... if you like to watch tv, it will be a god send!