Any People's Data users here?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any People's Data users here?

Anyone here got any good / bad comments about Peoples phone?

I've sort of convinced myself that the Nokia E61 phone is worth upgrading to and am now trying to sort out a good data plan.

The People's plan looks the best value right now.

Also, anyone here used their service for more than 12 months? Did they renew the $128 plan or switch you to a per KB plan?

( http://www.peoples.com.hk/p_tariff_tariff_data_iso.jsp )

I've been using their $128 unlimited GPRS plan for nearly six months now. There is no contract binding you to stay with them.
    The E61 is a bit of a wide boy.

*ahem*

select * from posts where uid=5489 and content like "%peoples%";

All I've got to add is that when I came to the end of my first year, I got an SMS from them saying that as a gift to a loyal customer, they were extending the promotion for another year for me - in other words, it's a permanent offer, couched as a promotion for some legal or financial reason...

>> t's a permanent offer, couched as a promotion for some legal or financial reason..

Sweet .. thats what I wanted to hear.

Got a new plan last week to use with a Dupod 838 Pro - so far so good!

jaykay : peoples I assume?

Kia - yes with Peoples, after reading about it on here. First thing is, yes, $128 per month but of course the tunnel fee is added - so $140 per month. But I am using it only for data, not calls. It seems fine, have been internet browsing and downloading mail in the MTR with no problems, unlike my 3G phones that always spit the dummy when they switch from 3G to 2G networks!

Another nail in the coffin for 3G superiority?

KIA the network is good and the IP network is good. When I was roaming in Manila 2 days worth of email downloading cost me HK$6.95! I only downloaded 70K of stuff though.

My only complain is that these guys are using either different hardware or have software configuration on the GPRS pools based on different cells.

If you are doing anything fancy at -ahem- low level you may find it works on some cells and not others.

Hk.Com -- just simple email and ssh requirements. Anyways.. put it off till a couple of additional advertising contracts get signed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast