Internet Traffic / Response Slow Down

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by yellowtip:
    HK.com,

I think you're right. If I look at my local speeds within HK, it seems tp point to indicate I have a 100MB line (although I'm paying for 25MB).

I pay (if I remember correctly) around HK$250/month.

Anyway...it seems HKBN has been following this thread , cause since today my speed is up...way up!!! I'm now getting download speeds from USA servers of about 2 to 3Mbps. Now! we're getting somewhere

Hope this this stays though...
    100MB line!? 25MB line!? Isn't the fastest lines in Hong Kong 10MB? I just upgraded to 8MB from 6MB with Netvigator.

Quote Originally Posted by fuey:
    100MB line!? 25MB line!? Isn't the fastest lines in Hong Kong 10MB? I just upgraded to 8MB from 6MB with Netvigator.
    If you pay for it you can get 10GE (10,000Mbit).

Quote Originally Posted by yellowtip:
    HK.com,

I think you're right. If I look at my local speeds within HK, it seems tp point to indicate I have a 100MB line (although I'm paying for 25MB).

I pay (if I remember correctly) around HK$250/month.

Anyway...it seems HKBN has been following this thread , cause since today my speed is up...way up!!! I'm now getting download speeds from USA servers of about 2 to 3Mbps. Now! we're getting somewhere

Hope this this stays though...
    Can you tell me your actual KB per second when your downloading? To the US on the Netvigator 6M line, I have had just over 600KB per second download speeds. Netvigator said the upload was 640 which means about 80KB per second I think.

I play a lot of online games so the faster line would help with the experience.

Just for reference :
    http://www.ofta.gov.hk/en/press_rel/...b_2007_r4.html
    It's back to normal

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6