Internet Traffic / Response Slow Down

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick heads up.

Looks like a few links between the US (where our servers are located) and major Hong Kong ISPs and their bandwidth providers are down or are severely congested.

Problem should iron itself out in a few hours (from what I'm told by our network guys in Cyberport)...

Last edited by KnowItAll; 27-12-2006 at 10:30 AM.

Cheers KIA.

I was wondering why I can't connect to most sites this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll
    Quick heads up.

Looks like a few links between the US (where are servers are located) and major Hong Kong ISPs and their bandwidth providers are down or are severely congested.

Problem should iron itself out in a few hours (from what I'm told by our network guys in Cyberport)...
    The same here, using PCCW Broadband.... connection is damn slow, MSN is not even working.... How long does it normally take until service is back to normal?!

No clue .. problem is not with the local ISPs .. seems to be on the trans-pacific links.

Same problem here. Currently accessing my GMail via GPRS.

"Everything has gone to the dogs internet wise" - Phil Whelan of RTHK3.

Is anyone else having significant problems connecting to sites overseas? I can reach Google.com with absolutely no problems, but I can't reach my site at all - when I do a tracert, it barely connects after the 9th hop.

Other sites, like this one, I can reach, but extremely slow.

Interestingly, the same thing happens with my phone on GPRS.

Does anyone know if the earthquake last night took out a major internet pipeline or something? Usually I could find out, but, you know... no internet and all...

Ah, there we go. I didn't notice because it would have taken 5 minutes to load the entire page.. I couldn't wait, and just hit 'new post' to see if this is a confirmed problem

The earthquake last night must have knocked something out...

yap. earthquake took out alot of trans pacific links.

even bloomberg is facing asia pac down, and they charging us 1200usd per month for every single terminal we are using.

phone links to japan seems not to be working as well.. not sure wats the extent of damage.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast