Internet outage - what you can do.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

OH MY GOD, I'm in!! Thanks all, esp DiscoBay, would have been a life saver. thank you!!

best of luck with the interview.

Time vs Money

My wife is local people, and she was told that it would take about 5 days to repair the connection. While trolling the news on the internet(I'm in the states at present), I heard that it would take about 1month. In the meantime, I have to make do with standard phone calls instead of video-conference. .. Time is money, and the longer that connection stays down.......

ok it wasn't a good idea to post a single IP for everyone.. here the website for the proxy listing...

http://www.xroxy.com/proxylist.htm

try to select the nearest location.

Quote Originally Posted by shiver
    ... I'm using proxy from Australia ......132.11
    Port: 80...
    Brilliant.

How about port 110 proxy??? I need to get my e-mails from the States!!!!

style: If you are using the ausy server try to access your mail through webmail. And if your using outlook simply change the port number.

or simply use another proxy at http://www.xroxy.com/proxylist.htm

good luck!

Smile Hi from Seattle!

Well I'll be back on the 24th and all I can find over there is you and the govenment site! My yahoos are bouncing back and SCMP is down. Hope you all get up and running soon!

Does someone have a DNS that is confirmed to work with a lot of sites? I am &*(^*&ing (*@#&$ed because I can't reach ANY of my sites' emails. I was able to load up my web based email on my PDA via GPRS, only to find out that an order I sent yesterday's payment is being disputed... #(*$(*& this is so frustrating.

Local DNS

Quote Originally Posted by lowlight
    Does someone have a DNS that is confirmed to work with a lot of sites? I am &*(^*&ing (*@#&$ed because I can't reach ANY of my sites' emails. I was able to load up my web based email on my PDA via GPRS, only to find out that an order I sent yesterday's payment is being disputed... #(*$(*& this is so frustrating.
    I had my PC setup with US DNS servers, so as soon as the cables broke, my whole world went out and I was cussing for the past 48 hours. Finally, I fixed it.

You may try these HK DNS servers:

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by shiver
    Great Idea... I'm using proxy from Australia and seems to be working almost at normal speed. (And still enjoy the service of limewire )
    Very ignorant if I may say so. How long do you think those proxy servers are going to work for? The word will spread around and the paths that you are using to those proxy servers will get congested. Reducing the bandwidth used is part of the solution and we are only going to do if people like you stop using limewire.

Quote Originally Posted by lowlight
    Our DNS servers work and resolve pretty much everything, however they are behind our firewalls...

If you guys want to use them we will open access to them.

We are signing up people to our GroupMail service like hotcakes today. Churning out .hk.com domains by the minute.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast