Internet outage - what you can do.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lowlight:
    Thanks for the help Maren!

It looks like your connection to one of my banking websites isn't much better than Netvigator's though... It's loading though... verrrrrrrry slowly. But at least I can pay my bills!
    Oi! You shouldn't give away part of the password! :-) Let other people figure it out.

Yeah some sites are not that great, but they still load. It seems that some of the BGP paths are going over satellite as the sites take a second or two before they start sending data. Many sites work well though.

In the office we have Netvigator and it is just pathetic. We can't even ssh accross HK.

Quote Originally Posted by hk.com:
    Yeah some sites are not that great, but they still load. It seems that some of the BGP paths are going over satellite as the sites take a second or two before they start sending data. Many sites work well though.

In the office we have Netvigator and it is just pathetic. We can't even ssh accross HK.
    The proxy does well with Netvigator for me.

Haha, I hate Netvigator's stance on the blocking. Can't even telnet on port 25 either..

Quote Originally Posted by martyn:
    The proxy does well with Netvigator for me.

Haha, I hate Netvigator's stance on the blocking. Can't even telnet on port 25 either..
    You would have to get a business Netvigator circuit for that. We provide SMTP on port 587 to be able to by pass port 25 filters, the great china firewall. We also find that some hotels have transparent proxies on port 25 and redirect the all SMTP connections to their own mail relays and it causes problems as their mail servers don't have the routing, or a in black lists etc.

ssh is not being filtered... it worked last week.
    Last edited by hk.com; 30-12-2006 at 04:48 PM.

deleteduser

that's all we get huh?

In IE >

Select Tools Menu -> Internet Options -> select Connections Tab -> Settings.

In the middle of that page your have something saying "Proxy settings.

Enter the host name of the proxy server you are using and the port.

Bingo! If the proxy server has a username/password you will be prompted for it....

Firefox:
    Tools -> Options -> Advance -> Network - > Settings...
    Tried this. but doesnt seems to work. but good news is now the normal connection is working

Yeah seems to be working well in TST for now..but lets see if it stays that way when people get back to work on Tuesday and start using the net.

sorry guys but we have to change the password of the freebee account as our corporate customers take priority tomorrow. Hopefully none of you guys will need our proxy tomorrow and all is sorted.

deleteduser

Nope, it's not sorted yet. But thanks anyway! It has come in handy several times over the week.

Not sorted yet but thanks so much. At least I was able to work over the weekend and yesterday.

Much appreciated.

Stop using P2P clients!

Well, you can also keep P2P running and go swimming in the meantime, or hiking.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast