Using Gateway WAG54G for internet Now TV

Closed Thread

Using Gateway WAG54G for internet Now TV

I have a wireless network of 3 computeurs with a gateway WAG54G ver2 (firmware 1.02.00). And everything is working properly.
    But, I am also an Internet TV channels customer (NOW TV) for which they provide a DareGolbal DB180E ADSL modem with a decoder. There is no way to have connected at the same time the modem for the TV and my Linksys WAG54G.
    Now TV support does not provide support for this issue, since they required to use their modem. Linksys support says I can not use the WAG54G for internet TV.

As much as I can understand, to watch TV I have the decoder provided by NOW. The only thing I want for my WAG54G is to receive the internet TV data and transmit to the decoder.

For my point of view, it is a matter of settings.
    I tried to see the DareGolbal DB180E ADSL modem settings, but that requires a password I do not have.

Does anyone experienced the same issue et could solved it?
    I thank you in advance.

No can do .. the Now box has to go into the modem as (from what I gather) there is some special firmware that has been put into place on the modem / now broadband box to multiplex the connections.

Plug the Linksys into the PCCW modem?

Here is the setup I currently have:

Then use the Linksys to perform the PPPoE login.

Thanks for the replies.

MrMoo, may you be more explicit about the connections and the settings in the WAG54G please. I can not read the image you added in your post.
    Thanks again.

MrMoo:

The only thing I want for my WAG54G is to receive the internet TV data and transmit to the decoder.
    I think the question involves connecting the Now TV set top box to a linksys ...

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    MrMoo:

I think the question involves connecting the Now TV set top box to a linksys ...
    Cool a network diagram of your home! Geek!

Thanks to you.
    I got from Linksys and other sources the informations I needed. As matter of fact, what I want to do can not be done with the gateway I have.
    Have a great day