OWTEL or OWTALK

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OWTEL or OWTALK

Anyone here using OWTEL (now known as OWTALK)? Since the service was down earlier today..

Not relevant .. but we had to call the cops and file harrassment charges against them, because they kept calling us for a bill that an old helper of ours had not paid -- and they refused to stop calling even though we told them she'd moved on.

Scum as far as I'm concerned.

They were horrible and harrassed us for months 3X/day

Already been bugging them but still I haven't received any reply on why the VOIP Phone is not working..

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll
    Not relevant .. but we had to call the cops and file harrassment charges against them, because they kept calling us for a bill that an old helper of ours had not paid -- and they refused to stop calling even though we told them she'd moved on.

Scum as far as I'm concerned.
    Shouldn't your maid use a calling card instead?

Going completely offtopic .. it was for her long distance account.. for some reason, they ask for a landline phone number when you register an account with them, and she had given our home phone number -- which they programmed into an automated system that called our house every three or four hours.

That's the worst company I've ever used. I'm a member of the IDD thing they have.

I used it to call to the states aprox about 7 mins and charged me 5 dollars so I didn?t bother to pay it yet. Not worth the time because need to get the bill to 7-11.

Next thing you know the company charge me extra 20 bucks for not paying 5 dollars
    They were calling me like almost everyday to pay up 25 dollars.. lol

And I asked them if they can just set me for autopay so they won?t have to call me almost everyday to pay up few dollars.

And they said they don?t have such feature?.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvajanik
    Login to Owtalk.com and click on your configuration/settings as specified on the site for YOUR account.

Then login to your IPPhone and change the SIP & outbound proxy and your phone will work fine.

-A
    I haven't had the chance to have it working with my X-Lite.. Does it have incoming HK number as well, since when I created an account it doesn't indicate such..

Complaints about OWTEL

I have many complaints about OWTEL, especially their customer service. I tried to pay a bill over the phone and used a debit card. They told me the transaction was canceled and did not give me any credit. After about an hour I looked at my bank statement and saw a charge to OWTEL. I promptly called them back to complain about about the charge but they reassured me that it would be credited back within 5 working days. My wife ended up paying off the account while I waited for the credit from OWTEL. Five days later there was nothing. I called them again about this and they requested a copy of my bank statement. I had to wait a week until my banking cycle ended to produce the statement. When I called them they gave me the runaround again, saying that the money was being returned and to wait 3 days. The last time I called them about this complaint they claimed to have no record of the transactions. I was dealing with the OWTEL office in Alhambra, CA. It would be best to stay away from them. Their customer service is terrible and they have poor accounting practices.

Last edited by pr0700; 16-03-2007 at 10:53 AM.

I hope that with these postings people will be forewarned. A family friend -- a very respectable, decent human being who has an important position in a church organization in Los Angeles -- feels similarly harassed and victimized. She said that a glib talking agent from that same company phoned and convinced her to part with a couple of personal circumstances. The caller said she was giving my friend an access code, which only the two of them are supposed to know, despite my friend's not agreeing to it. She insisted she was not signing up with that company.

Then lo and behold! There arrived a bill in the amount of $51.69 supposedly for 18 calls made on a cellular phone to the Philippines for the billing period 3/7/2008 4/6/2008. My friend said that she has been harassed with repeated demands for payment over the phone despite her insistence that those are not hers, that she did not make any call to anyone using any kind of codes or numbers or facilities of that company. The billing notice indicates that additional assessment for late fee would be charged after April 20.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast