Like Tree4Likes

Fake Wake Up call Service for PCCW mobile phones?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Fake Wake Up call Service for PCCW mobile phones?

Hi,

since last two days Iam getting wake up call at 3:30 AM & Repeat call at 4 AM claiming that I have registered for this service for next 6 months. Iam using PCCW mobile pre-paid service and I never registered for this so called wake-up call service.

This is so annoying and frustrating. They also claiming that some charges will be levied and debited directly from my bank account.

It is same caller yesterday and today who identified himself as calling from company called 'ApaxQ'.

Does anybody have similar calls recently?

How to avoid this? Whom can I report to on this?

Please help. Thanks

Veeranki

A hint - your phone has an OFF switch. Use it.

bookblogger likes this.

If you are using a pre-paid SIM then how did they get your bank details? If you are receiving "nuisance" calls then you can report it to your local friendly police station or online through the police website.

the OP must have given his mobile number to strangers, who are now wanting to piss the OP off.

for a pre-paid sim, those strangers do not know the OP's details.
    do not know the OP's name, bank account etc.

as some other people have mentioned, just switch off your phone during the night.

Veeranki likes this.

Isn't it abit dumb to keep your mobile phone switched on overnight anyway? Especially after the first episode!

>> Isn't it abit dumb to keep your mobile phone switched on overnight anyway

And what if your job involves taking late night calls from overseas locations? Or if you're on call? I know plenty of people who need to keep their phones on at night.

Veeranki likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    thanks for the link shr. I have registered a complaint with Polic in the weblink given by you. Let us see how they react and shall update the response.

thanks to all for your replies.

I can switch off the phone to get rid of this unwanted call, but their claim for Service Charge (HK$ 2400 per month) is bothering me. I have checked my accounts but nothing fishy yet happened.

Intersting & coincidental thing is, couple of days back I have posted a classified in Geoexpat & Asiaexpat for getting rid of my dining table as a FREE stuff with my mobile number to contact (I don't check Geoexpat often). This is the place where I have publicized my mobile number and immediately the next day I am getting these calls. So, please take care if you are looking to post classifieds.

Last edited by Veeranki; 04-11-2010 at 10:24 AM. Reason: ..

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

There are heaps of mobile phone scams; this sounds like one of them.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast