Like Tree1Likes

Best sports headphones/earphones - Sweaty bloke!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best sports headphones/earphones - Sweaty bloke!

Anyone got a suggestion for a pair of head/earphones that are both sweat resistant and will stay in place during heavy exercise?

I currently use Sennheiser OMX-80 earphones (with adjustable hooks) but after a few Ks they start slipping out of place and letting sweat run into the ear canal (Or do ears have sweat glands inside?), making the sound almost inaudible.

I think the best solution may be an in-ear type headphone, i.e. with fairly rigid head band.

Any suggestions??

i note that the sporty range of mp3/headphones sony nwz-w252 is becoming fairly popular in the gym, total portable/light and discreet, no risk of headphones falling out, not heavy weight dragging in your pocket, cheap as well at HK$598 for 4gb, best of all dangling wires

would that be your choice, I believe it's also fairly rain/sweat proof (better than the old model nwz-w250)

Last edited by imparanoic; 05-11-2010 at 01:48 PM.

Stoob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    These look like the very fellas, thanks!

Anyone have experience of using this model?

i tried them on the sony centre, very comfy, but as I have old nw-a1000 ( used for the gym), mobile phone with wireless headphones and nwz-x1050, i can not justifying buy another walkman/mp3 player yet. ah yeah, they are only 2 gb. but as i see many people using them even on a tread mill, i don't think they will drop out easily.

i tried them on the sony centre, very comfy, but as I have old nw-a1000 ( used for the gym), mobile phone with wireless headphones and nwz-x1050, i can not justifying buy another walkman/mp3 player yet. ah yeah, they are only 2 gb. but as i see many people using them even on a tread mill, i don't think they will drop out easily.
    Thanks for the info, if it's not a personal question, do have a big head? (I mean dimension wise )
    Last edited by Stoob; 05-11-2010 at 02:29 PM.

why don't you try them at the sony centre (i suppose running on the spot or jumping to test how if they fall out will look strange though) at east point centre, cwb; harbour city, tst or 9fl, wai fung centre, mong kok;

ps, i have a big head as well, though small ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob
    Anyone got a suggestion for a pair of head/earphones that are both sweat resistant and will stay in place during heavy exercise?

I currently use Sennheiser OMX-80 earphones (with adjustable hooks) but after a few Ks they start slipping out of place and letting sweat run into the ear canal (Or do ears have sweat glands inside?), making the sound almost inaudible.

I think the best solution may be an in-ear type headphone, i.e. with fairly rigid head band.

Any suggestions??
    If you like the phones u have now, visit "hearing tune" and get custom tips installed on your current phones. they will not fall out, perfect seal. plus they will sound so much better.

http://www.hearingtune.com/eng/cust_...d/earphone.php
    Last edited by WalkAbout; 05-11-2010 at 02:45 PM. Reason: changed link to ear mold page

why don't you try them at the sony centre (i suppose running on the spot or jumping to test how if they fall out will look strange though) at east point centre, cwb; harbour city, tst or 9fl, wai fung centre, mong kok;

ps, i have a big head as well, though small ears.
    I will do, cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by WalkAbout
    If you like the phones u have now, visit "hearing tune" and get custom tips installed on your current phones. they will not fall out, perfect seal. plus they will sound so much better.

Hearing Tune
    how much do they cost?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast