co-location

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Please help me information about colocating in Asian area

Quote Originally Posted by hk.com:
    IMHO the don't host in HK is nonsense.

We serve users in 23 countries, including UK, USA, Canada, Vietnam, Malaysia etc. and we have no issues.

The question is what you buy and where. I find the brand to quality relationship varies massively.

If you have require top notch and are willing to pay, you can get clear bandwidth with carriers like Asianetcom, who own their own trans pacific fiber (the one that didn't get cut).
    If I should colocate in HK or Viet Nam or other asian countries, which country has good services and reliable?
    The users: 60% Japan, 5% Vietnam, 30% Estonia and others
    The services: IR services
    Speed: 15mb dedicated or faster
    2-3 dedicated servers
    Last edited by topazd; 18-06-2008 at 04:40 PM.

Ntt.
    You will have to pay for extra international bandwidth.

Please tell me about Vietnam, for example

Where should I locate our servers in this case?

NTT! Formerly known as HKNET.

HK Co-location: dyxnet.com experiences?

Anyone had any experience with dyxnet.com co-location?

There network is good....

The only thing I don't like is that you pay HK$50/mbit for local bandwidth....

>> The only thing I don't like is that you pay HK$50/mbit for local bandwidth....

Am I the only one who finds the charge by mbps type scheme antiquated? Are their any colos that offer you deals on the amount of data transfered - much like the dedicated hosting facilities offer?

Oh I agree with you, but it matches the capabilities of the customer.

The reality is people won't get this, like many things, they are retarded and have to be given a retarted scheme.... the fears of paying by data transferred for the average joe is scared of how much they use as even measuring how much data you have transferred is beyond even most IT people.... and they are scared being hit with a big bill. So one fixed fee with mbit/s rate is easy to budget. If there is congestion..... more stupidity (accountant style) budgeting kicks an upgrade in the future can take place. Or they can wait until they turn a profit, hahahahahah. I've seen that so many times, lets do it half assed, with out any capacity planing, then build something that is insuficcient, then they don't spend more money until they make a profit.... I am sure Boris can mention of a case like that....

Shri, I am documenting and going release my DNS Racing system which is a method of doing a CDN, multi ISP, with optimal path funneling of users... using cheap ass ISP circuits, no load balancers and no BGP/AS numbers.... let me know if I can post a link to my blog. YEs and it is free also.

Yes... I want to read it too.

>> So one fixed fee with mbit/s rate is easy to budget.

I thought it was not easy. The bill is based on 95%tile or do they physically cap your connection at the bandwidth you order/