Icable & Linksys Router Setup- Need Help

Closed Thread

Icable & Linksys Router Setup- Need Help

Just got a second connection but this time with Icable specifically for gaming.

Does anyone know how to hook up a linksys wireless router with Icable?

Netvigator is a breeze but I simply cannot get Icable to work.

Thanks J

i-cable is very sensitive to changes in MAC address. It locks out (as I recall) for several hours whenever it sees a change in MAC address - the theory being that they are trying to stop multiple users on the same connection.

If you haven't already done so, make sure that the MAC address of the Linksys matches that of the PC which you connect directly to check the connection. And then wait for the timeout to expire and try again.

You might need to type "ipconfig /release" (without the quotes) in a DOS window.

Tried calling them up and the girl who answered refused to help. Asked for her supervisor and I got a Korean guy who simply asked me to set up my Linksys router to DCHP (which I had already done). Then he asked me to power off their modem for 3 minutes. I did that and I am all set up now.

For those interested in an additional line for gaming Icable is doing a $129 pm deal for the 10m lines. There is an 18 month contract and they charge your CC monthly.

Thanks again guys. I really appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    i-cable is very sensitive to changes in MAC address. It locks out (as I recall) for several hours whenever it sees a change in MAC address - the theory being that they are trying to stop multiple users on the same connection.

If you haven't already done so, make sure that the MAC address of the Linksys matches that of the PC which you connect directly to check the connection. And then wait for the timeout to expire and try again.
    so these guys use the fact that you have a router that leaks your mac address using proxy arp?

Using a cisco router you can cure this. Type in "no proxy-arp" on the interface you are using to connect.

Get a cisco 1605R cheap and good.

Update
    I have been using Icable for over a month now with no problems whatsoever. I am using it for gaming and it seems a lot faster and more stable than Netvigator.