GPS Map for car

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I hear GPS for cars in HK is not all that great, as the lane resrictions, and small blocks, people end up missing turns as the gsp calls them out late, and then you have to recalibrate the route, which takes too long to make it worth while.

A more general question - which model of Tom Tom would you recommend?

Quote Original Post:
    I hear GPS for cars in HK is not all that great, as the lane resrictions, and small blocks, people end up missing turns as the gsp calls them out late, and then you have to recalibrate the route, which takes too long to make it worth while.
    Do agree, hence I find my GPS failing me often in HK island. But at least, I do get to my destination. BTW, the recalibration only takes few seconds (maybe 3 seconds) for me.

haha in hong kong 3 seconds and you've passed another street.... lol

Tom Tom tells you when to turn about 1/2 miles in advance and show you a map, so you can start counting how much more street before turning and the name of the street is also display.

Quote Original Post:
    A more general question - which model of Tom Tom would you recommend?
    I am using the tomtom version 6.030 for pocket pc

Quote Original Post:
    haha in hong kong 3 seconds and you've passed another street.... lol
    I share your concern, that's why I am making more turns in urban areas, where the streets are so close. But as mention, it still gets me to my destination, better than no GPS, but worse off compared to taking a taxi.

gps

I bought a holux in taiwan, and got free map king with my pda in hong kong, only reason i wanted it for was hiking but they only had chinese hiking maps dont know if they have made one yet. I am looking for one suitable for a motorbike now, the bike ones on the net are around 300quid up.

Ap Liu street sells quite a few gps units

Last edited by MaxWonga; 09-07-2008 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Original Post:
    I run TOMTOM with my htc (dopo) pocket pc mobile phone with built-in gps receiver.
    The software and map is free to download from the internet and is excellent to use.
    TomTom appear to be selling this software for GBP 87, where can one download a 'FREE', 'LEGAL' copy of this software????
    Last edited by Stoob; 09-07-2008 at 03:16 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3