Blackberry doesnt accept gtalk password

Blackberry doesnt accept gtalk password

I installed gtalk recently on my blackberry, but somehow it doesnt accept the password.
    Everytime it says, username and password doesnt match.
    Anyone else facing this issue?

I think you need to persist with it and keep trying. Still happens now and then on my Gtalk when I try to log in.

P.S. - I remember the first time I had this problem, I took it in to SmarTone, whose service I subscribe to, and the guy there did something that fixed it. Something to do with a BIS, I think (not even sure what that is).

Last edited by Dreadnought; 24-11-2010 at 02:20 PM.

Suggest you try unstalling gtalk, rebooting phone, reinstalling gtalk, rebooting phone and then see what happens.

also for username are you putting in your username [email protected]?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought
    I think you need to persist with it and keep trying. Still happens now and then on my Gtalk when I try to log in.

P.S. - I remember the first time I had this problem, I took it in to SmarTone, whose service I subscribe to, and the guy there did something that fixed it. Something to do with a BIS, I think (not even sure what that is).
    It accepted it only once and after that back to square one.
    Right, i think I must take it to SMV then and see what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by pin
    Suggest you try unstalling gtalk, rebooting phone, reinstalling gtalk, rebooting phone and then see what happens.

also for username are you putting in your username [email protected]?
    Thanks, I'll try that. If it works, then fine, if not, I'll take it to SMV as Dreadnaught suggested.

Yes I use +gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by mercury_element
    Thanks, I'll try that. If it works, then fine, if not, I'll take it to SMV as Dreadnaught suggested.

Yes I use +gmail.com
    In that case, try removing the @gmail.com and see if that works?

Possibly they need you to enter a captcha and it is not displayed (I had this issue on my smartphone). try to unlock captcha.

http://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

Quote Originally Posted by hktraveller
    Possibly they need you to enter a captcha and it is not displayed (I had this issue on my smartphone). try to unlock captcha.
    Negative, not the case on my Gtalk anyway, not sure about the version that mercury_element is using.

And yes, definitely remove the @gmail.com suffix from the username field.

F.A.O. mercury_element:

Like I said, this still happens to me despite having successfully logged in before, so if you have managed to successfully log in to your Gtalk at least once before then my suggestion would be to persist with your log-in attempts until it works. Shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 attempts.
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 24-11-2010 at 07:18 PM. Reason: correcting typo

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought
    Negative, not the case on my Gtalk anyway, not sure about the version that mercury_element is using.

And yes, definitely remove the @gmail.com prefix from the user name.

F.A.O. mercury_element:

Like I said, this still happens to me despite having successfully logged in before, so if you have managed to successfully log in to your Gtalk at least once before then my suggestion would be to persist with your log-in attempts until it works. Shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 attempts.
    removed the @gmail.com prefix.

I have successfully logged in couple of times before so i think its not the Captcha thingy.

I tried again, I could login this time in one go, however sometimes even 7-8 attempts fail.

Edit: I tried again, just after 2 min after first successful login, and again same problem. I dint enter the password again, as i have selected the option of save password.
    Last edited by mercury_element; 24-11-2010 at 06:59 PM.

Guess we'll just have to accept that Gtalk for Blackberry is a retarded application. I don't use it much myself.
    Posted via Mobile Device