Can't get colour output from PC to TV

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by discobay
    So you can get colour if you don't use the s-video?
    I am taking the S-Video output from the PC and using a cable converting it to go into the AV input on the TV.

If I go s-video on the PC to the s-video input on the TV it is in colour.

The cable I am using has an s-video connector on one end and a AV connector on the other end. This is because it feeds into a 4 way switch box (so I can flip between cable, PS2 and PC).

I have taken the switch box out of the loop by connecting the PC directly to the TV and that doesn't work.

If I get a long s-video cable I can connect the PC to the TV and get colour. The only reason I haven't done this is because the existing cabling (from PC to TV) is contained in ducting that doesn't seem to want to open without pulling it off the wall, which is a pain. But given I still haven't figured this problem out that is probably what I will end up doing.

Does the manufacturer have a website you can access?

Quote Originally Posted by goodkarma
    Does the manufacturer have a website you can access?
    I posted a similar question up on the NVidia forums but so working solution so far.

They also had this topic in their FAQ section but again it didn't solve my particular issue.

i had the same problem with my 7900GS before... but i just set it to multi instead of pal and it works just fine.

Anyway to set it just go to the display properties >settings> advanced you should be able to play around with the settings..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2