Switched from IE and Firefox

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by discobay:
    Thanks that seems to have worked but as you say is not ideal. Strange that Firefox is recommended over IE.
    What is wrong with Firefox?

Firefox>IE

Having used FF for the last couple of years I have gotten used to the ability to middle-click from the bookmark drop-down list to open the selected site in a new tab. I can't as yet see how to do this in Opera. Seems that I need to click new tab first then left-click from the drop-down list. Any Opera gurus?

Discobay

Not sure if this will help.......under Tools...Preferences...Advanced...Tabs...uncheck "reuse current tab"

Not exactly what you are after but it may help.

That worked (I found it earlier today by the way and was testing you).

One question about Opera, how does it work with the internet banking websites?

For example I can use IE7 for HSBC with no problems, but it doesn't work with Hang Seng (supported to IE6 only). So for Hang Seng I have to use Netscape (v7.8 as no support for latest version) as this is the only other platform they support.

I'd be happy with a hot, slick, fast browser I can use for everything (like thats gonna happen).

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    .....So for Hang Seng I have to use Netscape.....
    Netscape still exists!!? Why in the name of all things holy would Hang Seng not support the same system as HSBC when they are both one and the same bank?

Quote Originally Posted by Lammarite:
    Netscape still exists!!? Why in the name of all things holy would Hang Seng not support the same system as HSBC when they are both one and the same bank?
    That was my question to them! Basically the background systems are one and the same (I have to use different user ID's for each) but HSBC supports IE7 while Hang Seng doesn't. As I don't have any machine with IE6 then a download of a very heavy Netscape had to ensue! Oh and they do not support FF either.

I've not done this with Opera, but with Firefox you can download an extension called "UA Switcher"

http://chrispederick.com/work/useragentswitcher/

Works with HSBC when switched to IE mode.

Kia, I'll try that today and let you know if it works with Hang Seng! In the meantime I think I'll try a bit of that Opera and see what it's like.

I'm able to log into HSBC with any IE but never with FF.