NDS Lite

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

What's the r4 jimbo?

Its the supercard which contains a mini sd card where you can store backed up games.

$300 from ssp.

This is all unchartered territory to me. So you're saying that you can backup games to the supercard and then file away the nds cartridges. And one supercard can hold how many games? Is r4 a variant of the nds lite or a separate device?

I just bought a Taiwan version for a customer today (they had preordered a Japanese version back in January, but there hasn't been stock as of yet)

$1280 for that

And that was when I learned about the R4. Basically it is a DS cartridge that you put a micro SD card into. You can copy DS roms over to the memory card, and run directly from it. The best part about it is that you do not need to modify the console at all.

However the DS Lite is region free anyway, so there's not much reason to use one unless you're just going to pirate games.

How do you copy a ROM if the R4 is inserted?

I'm sure most people download them via various means (torrent, etc)

So the market for downloadable games on the NDS Lite is much bigger than for the PSP right?

Indeed easier to crack than psp games.

Oh and a typical NDS game is around 30mb in size.

Looks like this is on. I researched at 188 and found a package for 1400 that includes the US version NDS Lite, transformer, 1GB mini (or was it micro) SD card and R4 card.
    I've found a couple of websites with NDS game ROMs so do I get these over to the NDS Lite via a usb link?

Quote Originally Posted by discobay
    Looks like this is on. I researched at 188 and found a package for 1400 that includes the US version NDS Lite, transformer, 1GB mini (or was it micro) SD card and R4 card.
    I've found a couple of websites with NDS game ROMs so do I get these over to the NDS Lite via a usb link?
    That is a pretty good deal.. Basically you're getting the lowest price on everything, with an extra $50 or so off.

Make sure the Micro SD is a decent brand (Toshiba and Kingston are two brands that are made in Japan but well priced in the $70 range for 1GB)

The R4 includes a MicroSD USB adapter.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast