NDS Lite

Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
  1. #21

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,279
    Quote Originally Posted by lowlight
    That is a pretty good deal.. Basically you're getting the lowest price on everything, with an extra $50 or so off.

    Make sure the Micro SD is a decent brand (Toshiba and Kingston are two brands that are made in Japan but well priced in the $70 range for 1GB)

    The R4 includes a MicroSD USB adapter.
    I may not have a choice with the brand of SD card in the package but comment noted.
    So the NDS Lite does not have its own usb socket and has to rely on the R4?

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10

    Quite correct. Games are loaded onto the SD card by plugging it into the USB adaptor. The games are copied onto the memory card, which is then inserted into the R4. Just think of the R4 as an ' adaptor' for the NDS!

    I recently bought 2 of these from Mong Kok.


  3. #23

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,279

    You bought 2 R4s or two NDS Lites?


  4. #24

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10

    I bought 2 NDSL lites AND 2 R4s. Let's be modest and say i'm quite experienced on this front (slightly in my arrogant tone!!! hahahaa)


  5. #25

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by discobay
    Looks like this is on. I researched at 188 and found a package for 1400 that includes the US version NDS Lite, transformer, 1GB mini (or was it micro) SD card and R4 card.
    I've found a couple of websites with NDS game ROMs so do I get these over to the NDS Lite via a usb link?
    Can u plz tell me which store u got it for 1400? thx

  6. #26

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,279

    It's a shop at 188 Wanchai Road. Can't remember which floor but turn right and go to the end and it's on the right. I haven't bought it yet but will be tomorrow (weather permitting). Will let you know the full address when I do.


  7. #27

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,279
    Quote Originally Posted by milez_y
    Quite correct. Games are loaded onto the SD card by plugging it into the USB adaptor. The games are copied onto the memory card, which is then inserted into the R4. Just think of the R4 as an ' adaptor' for the NDS!
    So, is the R4 ready to go without any need to install software? Can I insert it and the microSD card then copy the game rom over without any fiddling?

  8. #28

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,270
    Quote Originally Posted by discobay
    So, is the R4 ready to go without any need to install software? Can I insert it and the microSD card then copy the game rom over without any fiddling?
    You need to copy the kernel over to the flash card first. Either from the included CD (which will be horribly outdated) or from here.

    After that, yup, just have your ROM files on there and stary playing.

  9. #29

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,279

    Cheers for that.


  10. #30

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by discobay
    It's a shop at 188 Wanchai Road. Can't remember which floor but turn right and go to the end and it's on the right. I haven't bought it yet but will be tomorrow (weather permitting). Will let you know the full address when I do.
    thx!

    I'm confused about one more thing....does the 'japan' version mean it's "made in japan' and are the other versions (e.g. Hong Kong version) 'made in china'???

    So is it better if we ask for a 'japan version'?

Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast