Wii region-free mod

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

dont know...as this was here-say from an electronic vendor i know

It's not cut and dry yet actually, I for one am thinking of waiting it out to see if new firmwares can affect the modchips from working.

okok.. so bottom line.. when is the best time to buy the wii and which version is best? i want an english interface with warranty. how much is it expected to be in a few month's time? and what's the thing about not being 100% PAL compatible? that's to do with the TV u have at home right? correct me if i'm wrong please! been wanting to get a wii for so long!

I just got my wii last thurs at ssp. I decided on the us version modified which came out to 2950 hkd. The japanese modified version was significantly cheaper (abouth 500hkd less) however, i didn't want to see the menu in japanese. The games were between 40-50hkd.Extra remote and nunchuck is 450 for the set.

But the menu is pretty insignificant. You can fumble your way through the settings in Japanese and eventually get it right. Once that's done, you'll never have to go back in to mess with it (i hope).

The Wiis' in HK are still marked up...retail price in the US is going for $250usd (2000hkd) and that includes wii sports!

FYI, been hearing that the official HK release will only play japanese games. If you are reaaaaaally hurting for a Wii, go ahead and buy it now, mod it and play any game you want now.

what if i already bought the wii.....how much to mod it? how long it take? and does this mean i can buy copy games or make my own backups to play?

also....does wii (not modded) play game cube games?

@Matt : Yes you can bring your wii back to the shops and have it modified for 450HKD usually you pick it up after a few hours. Basically yes you can play other region discs including copy games or backups.

The wii can play gamecube games as long as they are of the same region, modified units can also play GC games of other regions and backups too.

Quote Originally Posted by mattstewart
    what if i already bought the wii.....how much to mod it? how long it take? and does this mean i can buy copy games or make my own backups to play?

also....does wii (not modded) play game cube games?
    making your own backup is easier said than done. You need a specific brand of DVD Rom and it takes a long time to extract it...

on another note... are backup games available in the market? haven't checked in a while yet.

iso of the games are floating around the net ...

simply burning these to DVDs should work with the wii.

i visited the Wanchai computer center...where theres a great lil closet that sells a ton of stuff....in secret

hes got the wii back-up games at 40 / pc, and will mod a wii for 480......im going tonight

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast