Wii region-free mod

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

thx matt. they quoted me $500 for the freakin cover of the ps2 which is broken. thx anywys.

price still around 2500-3000. but expect to pay more since u prolly need one more controller, nunchuck, covers etc. so for the whole set app. $3500

@ Matt...
    mind posting which shop in Wanchai comp does the mod?

sorry...im in china for a few days...

i can check the business card once i get home

but if you go up escalator, turn left til you hit first shop, then turn left and follow hall to end, then make right and go straight. You will come to an intersection where you can go straight or turn right....go straight and its the second shop on right...

it has glass door....very small little closet shop...

hope that helps for now

Just a little warning to all people who have their wii modified.

DO NOT play Super Paper Mario if you do not have the latest firmware installed on your wii specially if you have the japanese or european versions.

Jap and PAL wiis are getting bricked due to the game installing the US firmware to the JAP or PAL wii thus rendering them unusable.

Last edited by elistan; 12-04-2007 at 04:14 PM. Reason: grammar

Heads up ... new firmware for the wii just released today.

After the update download the final version of the Opera browser in the shop channel. It's free until June I think.

wait...so if i already have a US modded wii......can i install the update? or will it mess with my mod?

US WII whether modded or not using original or backup of Super Paper Mario will have no problems running the game.

Only JAP and PAL units are susceptible because if the CD installs the wrong region firmware then the WII will be rendered unusable.

Quote Originally Posted by TaLL|dUdE:
    making your own backup is easier said than done. You need a specific brand of DVD Rom and it takes a long time to extract it...
    Which brand would that be TD?

i read that too....about using only 5 specific LG models to sucessfully burn wii games....

however it just insnt true.....

i am on my imac using the built in DVD drive (Matshita) and it works flawlessly to burn wii games....

any decent DVD drive and DVD-R should work for burning. I tried Metal Slug with an HP DVD-R. i think the best way is to burn it with Alcohol120/Nero at speed half the maximum of the DVD-R (e.g. 16x DVD burn with 8x).

One question about the bricking situation: Should i get my modded jap wii updated at the shop?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast