Wii region-free mod

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

nah...from what ive read other places....is just make sure you update using the wii "system update" in options....and then you should be all set

Quote Originally Posted by mattstewart
    i read that too....about using only 5 specific LG models to sucessfully burn wii games....

however it just insnt true.....
    It is true. Burning is no problem, it's ripping any original wii disc that is tricky. In other words, burning discs you downloaded should work fine with any drive, but not the actual ripping of a wii disc to your drive.

I have an ASUS and it *cough* rips Wii disks fine.

I have US unmodded Wii.

Where in SSP (name of shop please) can I get this modded?

Also, once modded, will I be able to d/load new firmware updates, or is there a potential issue with this?

Thanks for any response to this post.

Don't have the shop name (my invoice doesn't have it either) but if you go to Golden Arcade by MTR when you get to the shopping centre entrance don't go in but skirt to the left and half way along the road there will be an entrance labelled D2. Go up the steps and in and the shop is the first on the right. There should be two or three guys working there. Find one called Joe but I'm sure they're all OK. I just rang him up and he confirmed that performing a system update on my modded US model should be fine. I'm in no rush to do that right now so can't confirm myself for you. If and when you do do this kindly let me know :-)

i updated mine over weekend and my "backups" still work

Matt, is yours the US version too?

Clearly too busy playing Wii.

Anyone had trouble getting *cough* downloaded iso games to run in their Wiis?

DB, thanks for the info. Hopefully, I will be down there this coming w/end.

Will post a message on this board once done.

mine is US version.....
    and i have no problems "backing-up" my games via "internet resources" cough...cough

i don't know if its allowed here...but i strongly suggest visiting http://www.blackcats-games.net/ as they have strong seeds for everything....and they are very good for getting ISO's for your games you already own

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast