NOW TV freezing?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mine freezes every night and I've had the team in 3 times in a year and a half. They always go outside to some wiring and then come back in and it's fine for a few hours.

I timed Star blacking out once and it was 2 and half minutes.
    Very annoying.

Been having the same problem with PCCW and NOW for last 2 years. Had numerous new boxes and new modems and we have them out approximately twice a month and problem still not solved. Like above they usually disappear after finding yet another "fault" on the lines. What annoys me is the calls from them asking to upgrade to some super package (I'm just on basic package) and then backtracking when I mention that what we have doesn't work so why would I pay more money to have more channels that wont work! They soon end the call after that!

Quote Originally Posted by sp1key
    u meant loose cable connecting to the hub or?
    It was a loose connection in the plug going into the set top box. This caused a weak connection rather than a break which caused stutters and freezing.

unfortunately i don't think this is the cause in my case... I'm using netgear is that a good brand or a shitty one? its ridiculous I'm getting disconnected with wireless broadband sometimes every few hours BUT at times every 5minutes! its happening often too...

might have to get a NOW guy up to check... its worst than dialup i was using a decade ago!

netgear where to start

Quote Originally Posted by sp1key
    unfortunately i don't think this is the cause in my case... I'm using netgear is that a good brand or a shitty one? its ridiculous I'm getting disconnected with wireless broadband sometimes every few hours BUT at times every 5minutes! its happening often too...

might have to get a NOW guy up to check... its worst than dialup i was using a decade ago!
    visit the netgear website and lookup your model router, see if there are any firmware updates , model issues or configuration changes that must be made to your router.
    ....at least you can be certain your router is up to snuff
    Last edited by WalkAbout; 30-03-2007 at 04:42 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2