Like Tree1Likes

Want to buy Nikon D7000

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Nikkor Lens does have International warranty, while the camera body does not. That is the case even for US purchases.

Here in Kuwait, items like cameras are charged almost 30% extra premium.

Quote Originally Posted by protocl:
    yes, but...will Nikon honor the warranty outside of "country of purchase?"
    so, if i buy a nikon unit; will i need to send the unit back to HK to fulfill a repair?
    the OP is from Kuwait and only venturing to HK for a short vacation.

ok, how do you want me to post the warranty card? to further satisfy your needs?
    The whole point of an international warranty is that if you purchase something in country A, but the thing breaks down in country B, you can get it fixed in country B.

Here is the link from Nikon HK, showing what is covered by international warranty and what is covered by local warranty:

Nikon Hong Kong Ltd.
    dengxi likes this.

Yea, but where does it say the unit will be fixed in country B?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Nikkor lens are one of the many items have "Wordwide warranty"

In between, could anyone please find the price of D7000 body from Wingshingphoto site?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by kojak:
    Nikkor lens are one of the many items have "Wordwide warranty"

In between, could anyone please find the price of D7000 body from Wingshingphoto site?

Thank you
    Yes, but do YOU have documentation to support this?

Yea, but where does it say the unit will be fixed in country B?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    The fact that it says "international" is the give away that it will be repaired "internationally".

Yes, but do YOU have documentation to support this?
    My Nikkor lens has an WORLWIDE warranty card while the body's card stated that it is limited to China, HK and Macau. Since you claim to work for Nikon and have "the insight" you should know all that.

And no, I am not going to waste my time taking a picture of the cards or scanning them, uploading and linking the pictures because I don't care if you believe it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Raccon:
    My Nikkor lens has an WORLWIDE warranty card while the body's card stated that it is limited to China, HK and Macau. Since you claim to work for Nikon and have "the insight" you should know all that.

And no, I am not going to waste my time taking a picture of the cards or scanning them, uploading and linking the pictures because I don't care if you believe it or not.
    First off, I DO NOT WORK AT NIKON. So, there is no such need for me to claim I do.
    Assuming stuff, especially on forums without factual backup to claims is useless.

I would "assume" that you can upload a photo or even a link that properly states your post.
    Oops, there I go..."assuming."

Original Post Deleted
    Remember people, its a two part question. *SMH*
    1) Does Nikon have a Worldwide warranty coverage? YES.
    2) Does the Coverage state that the unit in question will be repaired or replaced where the purchaser resides?, in order fulfill purchaser's claim? NO.

At this point, NO one here can produce a valid, factual link or picture that backs up Question 2.
    Last edited by protocl; 13-04-2011 at 04:11 AM. Reason: add.

Original Post Deleted
    So, you cannot provide a link nor documentation to Question 2; then proceed to belittle me?
    SMH
    Why do you even care to reply on this topic? I mean, since it's "useless and utterly ludicris."
    *another off topic, forum bashing discussion in 5, 4, 3... .*