New Notebook, considering DELL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The IBM Thinkpads are much better made and exquisitely designed. The Dells are great value but take a look up close and you will notice that they feel rather plasticky and cheap. The swivel webcam built into the lid feels like it's from a lego set.

Quote Originally Posted by discobay:
    The IBM Thinkpads are much better made and exquisitely designed. The Dells are great value but take a look up close and you will notice that they feel rather plasticky and cheap. The swivel webcam built into the lid feels like it's from a lego set.
    I like the Dell servers, Workstations and the Latitude series of laptops. I don't like the feel of the Thinkpads at all but I do like the Sony's....they are really cool. I wish I still had mine.

Sony's feel nice and look nice and some high end Toshiba's are pretty amazing too.

IBM are what I guess I'd call good workhorse computers. Durable and decent looking.

Quote Originally Posted by goodkarma:
    Sony's feel nice and look nice and some high end Toshiba's are pretty amazing too.

IBM are what I guess I'd call good workhorse computers. Durable and decent looking.
    Agreed.......But I also prefer Dells "nipple" to IBM's. I never use the touch pad.

Just in case you think I am being strange:

"Nipple is actually referred to a mouse substitute on a laptop computer that sticks out between the letters "b" "g" and "h" on the keyboard"
    Last edited by Monde; 21-03-2007 at 11:20 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2