New Notebook, considering DELL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The IBM Thinkpads are much better made and exquisitely designed. The Dells are great value but take a look up close and you will notice that they feel rather plasticky and cheap. The swivel webcam built into the lid feels like it's from a lego set.

Quote Originally Posted by discobay
    The IBM Thinkpads are much better made and exquisitely designed. The Dells are great value but take a look up close and you will notice that they feel rather plasticky and cheap. The swivel webcam built into the lid feels like it's from a lego set.
    I like the Dell servers, Workstations and the Latitude series of laptops. I don't like the feel of the Thinkpads at all but I do like the Sony's....they are really cool. I wish I still had mine.

Sony's feel nice and look nice and some high end Toshiba's are pretty amazing too.

IBM are what I guess I'd call good workhorse computers. Durable and decent looking.

Quote Originally Posted by goodkarma
    Sony's feel nice and look nice and some high end Toshiba's are pretty amazing too.

IBM are what I guess I'd call good workhorse computers. Durable and decent looking.
    Agreed.......But I also prefer Dells "nipple" to IBM's. I never use the touch pad.

Just in case you think I am being strange:

"Nipple is actually referred to a mouse substitute on a laptop computer that sticks out between the letters "b" "g" and "h" on the keyboard"
    Last edited by Monde; 21-03-2007 at 11:20 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2