Like Tree5Likes

NASA proves Relativity....meh!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NASA proves Relativity....meh!

After 52 years and millions of dollars, NASA proved that Einstein's theory of relativity was correct...

NASA space probe proves Einstein correct | COSMOS magazine

Chuck Norris distorts space and time with the force of his thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    After 52 years and millions of dollars, NASA proved that Einstein's theory of relativity was correct...

NASA space probe proves Einstein correct | COSMOS magazine
    I'm confused. Einstein was proved right, as I recall, back in 1923. Seems like this is a 're-prove'. Interesting stuff, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Freetrader:
    I'm confused. Einstein was proved right, as I recall, back in 1923. Seems like this is a 're-prove'. Interesting stuff, though.
    If that were the case, why is it still called Einstein's Theory of Relativity and not Einstein's Law of Relativity?
    Signed,
    -Confused
    Freetrader likes this.

FT as I understand back then the theory was proved theoretically and now NASA did the practical in space using his principals and calculations.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    FT as I understand back then the theory was proved theoretically and now NASA did the practical in space using his principals and calculations.
    using lots of honey in outer space, if i understood the report correctly.

Yum!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    If that were the case, why is it still called Einstein's Theory of Relativity and not Einstein's Law of Relativity?
    Signed,
    -Confused
    Absolutely now it is deemed to be a Law rather than a theory, Relativity is an interesting concept. Interesting facts are the 2 Paradoxes introduced in it like the Grandfather Paradox. Hopefully time travel will begin on Virgin Atlantic soon

It is not really proved, is it. A theory makes predictions; the observations in this experiment were correctly predicted by the theory.

When my brother and I were teenagers, we disproved the theory using nothing but a packet of cigarettes, a lighter and shot glasses, the more vodka we drunk, the clearer it became. Neither of us can remember how we did it but to this day we don't believe in it.

Original Post Deleted
    I don't know what this means but it all sounds very sexy. Go on...

Unless you're a man

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast