Vista Home Premuim Dynamic drive

Closed Thread

Vista Home Premuim Dynamic drive

So i finally decided to give Vista a try, so far i cant say its been a pleasing experience.

1. installation completes and it cant detect the network card, the sound card, the Nforce Network Bus enumerator etc. it refuses the drivers..eventually i managed to fix it and get online, but i just have to mention that to register the computer on the network took about 10times longer than on XP.

Just to find the *** **** ******* network card enabler and settings felt almost hopeless.. every key press got me one page forward and then looped me back to the start place.

3. I notice that not all hard drives are listed.. so i fire up disk manager
    i see the disk (dynamic) as offline, i right click to activate it.. but i cant.
    I fire up diskpart, and i can see the disk..it says invalid.....sigh
    I can select the disk in diskpart but typing in "online" results in an error.

So in the end, i gave up because it was too late, and i just didn't wanna spend the rest of the night trouble shooting Vista..getting the network working took long enough.
    Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Or can it really be that Home premium does not support dynamic disks?

One Could say Vista has an "online" problem he he he

http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-623...218883&start=0

Seems to be a fairly common problem.

Apparently it could really be that they disabled support for dynamic drives...sigh

So i guess i have to install XP again on another drive then, cant say how happy i am at the prospect of hours after hours of updating drivers and installing software all over again...

But shame on me for even thinking in the first place that maybe.....just maybe...it would......not (*^(*&#(%*^*&QW^#%$)(#* me over

I'd firmly state .. its just not worth upgrading to.

I firmly agree, thats why Vista is now gone and XP is now back and running.
    But at least i learned that in order to use Dynamic drives i have to pick either Vista Biz or Ultimate, which also means i have to fork out more $$ sigh...