Like Tree9Likes

camera repair shop

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Have you tried those shops in ShamSuiPo?

Quote Originally Posted by brickholz
    Hi-Speed Electrical is definintely NOT closed! Just went there last week!

And to throw my voice into the mix, I whole-heartedly recommend it. Raymond charged me $350 to repair my camera, while the competition was asking $1150, MINIMUM.

More detailed review, plus pictures, at my blog if you're interested.
    sounds good

Great news! I have an old ixus which no longer focuses right. Going to have it looked at as it would be a shame to toss it.

Rie

Thumbs up Raymond at Hi Speed

I also went to Raymond at Hi-Speed to get my camera fixed and he did an awesome job!
    My camera was Canon D10 with a bad lens and the repair fee was HK$400 and 1 day turnaround.
    I highly recommend this shop.

Hi guys,

Do you believe Raymond will be able to fix a reflex lens? It's a Nikkor zoom 18-200mm, looks like an internal cable got loose (can be seen at certain angles) and probably would involve unmounting the lens.

Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9505G using GeoClicks Mobile

I add my name to those recommending Raymond. I had a problem with a speck of dirt on the inside of my Panasonic Lumix lens spoiling my pictures. 2 days ago I too it to him and he was able to fix it with a 2 hour turnaround for HK$300.

So far Raymond took my lens on the weekend. He initially said he would charge 500HKD for fixing up the cable, and yesterday he called to add up another 150HKD, as he said he found water inside, the PCB board was dirty and the cable needed to be replaced. I'm waiting for his confirmation today whether the lens works alright.

Yup, it seems to work alright. I'm rather happy, since this lens was rather pricey when it was bought, and it really had water leaking out of it (how it got there in the first place, we're still trying to figure out). We put it in a tupperware full of silica bags when we found out, but obviously it wasn't enough. However after the repair seems to be working rather well now. I'll test it more extensively in the following days.

Anyway, thanks for the information for this shop!

Adding more good feedback to this store. Raymond replaced an iPhone screen (third hardware failure from Apple in 3 years) for a quarter of what Apple was asking for a refurb replacement unit.

Here I'm having a bit of trouble with Raymond's fix up. The lens fails to focus at all, so I'll need to take it for a second check-up. After the repair, when I was checking it with him, I noticed it didn't focus the first attempts, but after a few shots it worked good as usual. After some days, I kind of noticed the lense needed to be "warmed up" in order to start focusing, but lately it's been worsening, so I'll need a second check.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast