Like Tree9Likes

camera repair shop

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

He mentioned a 30 day warranty period for his work when I picked up the phone. Which surprised me as I had assumed that inexpensive repairs would not come with any kind of warranty.

imparanoic likes this.

Yeah, he also mentioned the warranty period for me, which is why I intend him to take a look, maybe this afternoon. Hopefully it won't be too difficult to fix and he can get it right soon.

So...I got the lens finally repaired and now fully working. The focusing motor got damaged too, apparently, making it a final cost of aroudn 900HKD. Definitely not cheap. But that's my case. Maybe it would have been pricier on an official Nikon retail shop...next time I'll take a look.

Raymond still operating March 2015. He replaced my digital Leica LCD screen. $HK400. Better than a quarter the price than in Australia. And done on an hour. Very happy customer!

He fixed the LCD screen of a Lumix camera for a friend also a couple of weeks ago, she's very happy with the result. My fixed lens from last year (a Nikkor zoom 18-200mm...it's a complex lens) has so far given me zero problems, and working as new. Focuses real quick and easily on any pointed object (as otherwise expected, anyway). So there's that.

Last edited by timonoj; 15-04-2015 at 03:16 PM.

I tried Raymond today. The phone No. is 9495 4694. Address is in Rm 2209 Pak Po Lee Com Ctr, 1A Sai Yeung Choi St. South, Mongkok.

I managed to snap my 18-105 off my d5000...he fixed it for $300 in an hour...well we went and watched the new Terminator while we waited...30 day warranty.

I lost my head viewfinder goggle few mos. Ago and i cant find that can fits to my olympus e520 where can i buy that thing? Thanks

Does anyone know if Raymond repairs cameras that have been physically damaged?

I'm coming back to Hong Kong in a couple of weeks and have a couple of quite decent DSLRs that were "dropped" (both still power on) rather than just suddenly stopped working. Currently they are sat in a drawer gathering dust as it's just not viable to get them fixed here in the UK.

I'm pretty sure you can give it a shot. The zoom he fixed for me was messed up by seawater filtering into it, blocking all the focusing mechanism. I'm pretty sure he can fix/replace the damaged parts of your camera. He might not, but it's very much worth the try.

Quote Originally Posted by lenhel:
    I lost my head viewfinder goggle few mos. Ago and i cant find that can fits to my olympus e520 where can i buy that thing? Thanks
    Late reply I see...just in case:
    JJC EO 1 Eyepiece Eye Cup FOR OLYMPUS E3 E30 E400 E410 E420 E450 E500 E510 E520 E620 E300 E330 Camera replaces Olympus EP 7-in Photo Studio Accessories from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

The shipping costs make it pricey, so maybe you can find it cheaper in some camera shop. Still a cheap piece to buy.