Like Tree9Likes

camera repair shop

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

camera repair shop

Looking for a digital camera repair shop, other than main agents , as every experience I have had in HK with main agents in HK have been bad

DIGITAL CAMERA REPAIR SHOP

Quote Originally Posted by MaxWonga:
    Looking for a digital camera repair shop, other than main agents , as every experience I have had in HK with main agents in HK have been bad
    You can try this shop – HI-SPEED ELECTRICAL COMPANY in Mongkok. You can call Raymond. The phone No. is 9495 4694. Address is in Rm 2210 Pak Po Lee Com Ctr, 1A Sai Yeung Choi St. South, Mongkok. They charge you in low price and good quality. I saw that the owner has been interviewed by some famous magazine such like Ming weekly and PC home. My classmate and I have tried before. He is very honest. But, be careful, there is another dark shop on the same floor. You must sure the shop is opposite the ladies toilet
    overgroun, RayChang and sharna like this.

D C CAREER Co
    Digital Camera Shop

Shop No 218,
    Mongkok Computer Centre,
    No 8-8A, Nelson Street,
    Mongkok

2156 1125 Fax 2156 1127

Half the price of the main street dealers and efficient

I know this is an old thread - but I have to give a big thumbs-up to High-Speed Electrical Company as mentioned above.

The building and the place look dodgey, but the people are nice and speak English. Because I speak a little Canto, I knew that the locals in front of me in line who had the same issue got the exact same pricing (which, by the way, was 50% of main street prices).

It took 1 hour to fix, and he guarantees all of his work for 3 months.

sharna and shri like this.

They sell cameras too...

High-Speed sells second hand cameras too, at affordable prices and with one month warranty... Keep in mind that this shop is ultra hong kong underground style... meaning one small room fully stuffed with millions of boxes, cables and whatever... leaving no space to move... but they know there business obviously. Don't expect a fancy shop.

To repair a camera I had was approx. 60 US$ (with 3 month warranty)... vs 220 US$ through official channels.

Hey there,

See this is an old tread, so wanted to see if anyone had had a more recent experience. Have a Lumix Panasonic DMC-FS10 digital camera that needs fixing - dropped from a bit og a height and the zoom is refusing to do anything. Advice welcomed! Also, any idea on how much this sort of repair will cost?

Thanks all!

I can see using these 3rd party shops for things like replacing gaskets, fixing broken doors and hinges, and broken LCD screens. But repairs to electronics, water damage and drops - you're probably better off getting a new camera.

Hi Keira,

I can thoroughly recommend Raymond in Mongkok. I have a Panasonic Lumix T10 which was dropped from a height onto knobbly concrete and, because of problems with the zoom, wouldn't take photos. It had been out of action for a year and I was this close to getting a new one. I had been quoted £160 for repairs in the UK and approx. £100 from other shops in and around Mongkok. I found Raymond's details on here (thanks guys!) and he charged me the equivalent of £50 and had it fixed within an hour (I think he replaced the 'front-barrel'). 7 months later and it still works like new.

Like carlostimpano says, the place looks a bit dodgy, but I'd definitely recommend dropping by for a quote at least. I'd decided beforehand that I would pay £50 max to have my camera fixed (it cost £200 new and I'd only gotten a couple of weeks use out of it), so when £50 was what Raymond offered, I was happy to pay.

Sharna

Also, the shop below had closed down when I was in Hong Kong (April 2011).
    D C CAREER Co
    Digital Camera Shop
    Shop No 218,
    Mongkok Computer Centre,
    No 8-8A, Nelson Street,
    Mongkok

I saw this thread a couple of weeks ago as my Sony Nex-5 was not recognising a lens attached. I took it to High Speed and said they would call if they could fix it and not charge if they couldn't. Turns out they did and asked for 600 HKD. (by the way, my girlfriend who is a local did all the talking!, not sure I would have had such a smooth encounter on my own) Recommended though, camera is fine now.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast