Good place for iPod repair (2nd gen iPod touch)

Closed Thread

Good place for iPod repair (2nd gen iPod touch)

Hey everyone! I've got a 2nd generation iPod touch that needs a headphone jack replacement because the audio is messed up. Has anyone had any successful repair stories? And what is the cost as well? I go back to the United States in a few weeks and an electronics shop will repair it for $50USD(~$400HKD). I'm willing to wait unless I can find a cheaper place in HK. I've tried the 298 computer center, but only 1 or 2 places would even repair iPod touches and they would only do the latest (2th) generation.

Thanks!

I know this is an old thread but I have the same problem with my 3rd generation Touch. The headphone jack is only working for one side of the headphone. And now I may also be having that problem with the line out (or it may be my Fiio L1 connector).

I heard there was a place outside of Golden Computer Centre but I do not know where outside. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Could try 'dickie telecom' in Sham Shui Po. I've used them to repair iPods before. If you are in Sham Shui Po MTR take the exit opposite the exit for Golden Arcade to Ap Liu Street.

Once u come out walk straight until you hit Ap Liu Street (only a few yards). They are located at that crossroad diagonally right across the street. Small shop with just a counter facing the street. Usually repair while u wait.