Cable TV Internet sucks!! :-(

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by tish
    Trust me, they have one of the better speaking English staff around by HK standards.
    Why should we? You are in a minority of one (amongst, I guess, at least a couple of dozen reports). Everyone else agrees that iCable is dire.

HKBN is also clearly not focussed on the non-Chinese market - they don't have much web presence in English at all, so I'm really not surprised they don't have English support.

PLDM states:

[I][I]Why should we? You are in a minority of one (amongst, I guess, at least a couple of dozen reports). Everyone else agrees that iCable is dire.

HKBN is also clearly not focussed on the non-Chinese market - they don't have much web presence in English at all, so I'm really not surprised they don't have English support.

If you were looking for a service provider with substantial English presence, why opt for i-cable in the first place? I am confused.

I know that i cannot expect "good" English speaking standards in Hong Kong, only "reasonable" standards. If that were not good enough for me, I'd have returned to where i hailed from long ago.

However, having grown up as an international kid with my teenage years spent in HK, i am happy to say i have picked up 5 languages fluently, including English & Chinese. I prefer to make the effort rather than come to this site and grumble. I use my languages interchangeably as called for. Hence, the locus standi to judge what is reasonable by HK standards.

I do not expect everything to be as per Western standards. My English passport is sat in the drawer gathering dust. And for your info, I am neither English nor Chinese. I prefer to make the most of my stay in Hong Kong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2