Like Tree1Likes

Now TV picture quality???

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Now TV has 2 major problems (at least in terms of signal quality; this is disregarding the terrible interface and bad channel selection): shitty signal, and overcompression. You'd think with 6 mbps they could offer better quality than sub-VCD MPEG-2 compression. But they can't/won't.

The 6 mbps is better used for downloading programs off the internet. You'll get high quality MPEG-4 AVC compression, in full HDTV resolutions. And you can get all the latest shows, not 2 year old programs. And the commercials are cut out.

And you can go to jail for doing so, as the Court of Final Appeal has confirmed.

You can go to jail for uploading, yes. But this has nothing to do with seeding movie torrents.

not to be a stickler...but seeding is uploading.....

although they have not officially gone after seeders.....and have tried to go after original uploaders...its still uploading and sharing copyrighted material which is punishabel by law,......

with that said....BT is the way to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well like i suggested before, if we all could set upt a private DC hub it would pulverize everything and anything bt has to offer in terms of speed and security.
    Of course since DC is practically unheard of here (asia) the hub would still need to rely on bt to get fresh shares, unless someones got a currier account or something on the scene.
    Still i have a feeling there is a fair amount of dloaders here with plenty of gb to share on the hub..if there was one.

Quote Originally Posted by mattstewart
    not to be a stickler...but seeding is uploading.....

although they have not officially gone after seeders.....and have tried to go after original uploaders...its still uploading and sharing copyrighted material which is punishabel by law,......

with that said....BT is the way to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's my point. Don't use bit torrent if you want to download copyrighted material!

Does anyone know when the quality is going to improve? My composite cable actually looks better than s-video for some reason. I just called about the bigger decoder box with the component rgb outputs, but they told me its the same quality? And that they can't change it?

I had to tell them its broken to make them come back out and give me the better box with component outs. What is the deal with the customer service at PCCW?!? Outsourcing to China?

And are some of the less luxurious buildings in KT/western area going to get the higher speed with HDTV any time this century?

Feel free to register your patent for the encoding that will let you get HDTV down a very thin pair of copper wires 2km long...

I'm sure PCCW could get some fiber optic or high density copper laid quicker than they are doing it. They get those shiploads of crap quality free gifts, but they can't get a wholesaler for fiber? Nonsense.

And you'd be prepared to pay how much towards the millions of dollars it would cost to lay fibre to your humble abode? Do I hear HK$200/month?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast