Peoples GPRS becoming very slow

Peoples GPRS becoming very slow

The past 2 weeks where ever I go it seems like the peoples GPRS network is congested.

I think they are signing up a lot of blackberry users which sit there transmitting stuff regardless of whether uses want to read it.

I found that the problem is not Peoples GPRS. It is the proxy server of Opera. The routing to HK is dog slow.

I wish the let us run our own proxy servers intead of having to rely on them.

I have noticed that the new Opera mini 4 beta is slower than mini 3. Maybe this is your problem?

I am referring to the Opera3. Opera4's improvements are mostly not things I am interested in.

I would have liked to have seen
    - disk caching
    - Better image viewing/zoom.
    - Better proxy side redering of javascript.

Well mini 4 beta is ... beta so we can't be too demanding. I like it but 3 is quicker to navigate around and stabler.
    Can't say that I have experienced slower speeds. Maybe it's the areas you frequent and/or lack of edge support?

I don't think the performance problem is on GSM network as my email over IMAP email works fast.

Another thing that doesn't work on Mini 4 is that it does not remember your sessions or cookies so you have to login every time.

It started out that way for me too but the last two days I have noticed the cookies to be persistent and my sessions are remembered.